Sunday 12 June 2011

Lewis: Vettel's gone he's on his way, they're very hard for us to catch at this rate

The Redbull' Sebastian Vettel won his sixth pole in seven races. He had a crash on Friday morning into the wall near the turn 13 and 14. Many of the legendary drivers had a crash earlier in the same wall and so the wall is named as the ‘wall of Champions’, where Vettel’s added his name to the same list at Montreal's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Although he suffered from the crash in the firs practice, the Red bull’s team did a fantastic job where Vettlel’s set the fastest time lap of 1minute 13.014 seconds. Whereas his team mate Mark Webber was fourth fastest in the Q3.

Ferraris did a brilliant job through the weekend. Alonso set the second fastest time lap in Q3 and his team mate Massa was third fastest on the grid.

We saw Lewis Hamilton who got penalised in the Monaco Grand Prix was struggling to beat his rivals in the Qualifying. He was fifth fastest on the grid and Jenson Seventh.


"We are just very slow this weekend," he said.”It appears the other guys have maybe made a step forward. I pushed beyond the limit on my lap because I knew we weren't as competitive as the guys in front. We're not in the worst position but we'd like to be higher up

"I don't think I've ever driven the car so hard; I was on such a ragged edge. I think I even touched the wall at one stage. I got everything I could from it, with also trying to use the tow of another car because we're so slow on the straight. We're 10km/h, maybe 12, slower on the straight so losing a couple of 10ths on the back straight.

"I just want to finish tomorrow and hopefully get some points. Vettel's gone he's on his way, they're very hard for us to catch at this rate. I don't know when we have anything coming but I really hope sometime soon we'll have something positive come to the car." says Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment