Thursday 2 June 2011

Lewis Hamilton: In all honesty I will never stop racing the way I do. It's the way I do it

The eventful Monaco Grand Prix was a disappointed weekend for Lewis. As he faces 2 drive through penalties for overtaking Ferrari’s Felipe Massa and later collisions with Williams Pastor Maldonado.

After the race in one of the interview, frustrating Lewis burst out appalling comments on the stewards and his rivals.“Massa held me up in qualifying, I got the penalty. He turned in to me [during the race], I got the penalty. These drivers are ridiculous. It's stupid." Says Lewis.




Being to the steward 5 times out of 6 races, Lewis describes FIA stewards as a frickin' joke. The reason when asked, Lewis describes "Maybe it's because I'm black. That's what Ali G says”. However this leads him to see steward again for the apologies which he did and to their fans on the social site Twitter.

"Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1," he wrote. "I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages. I can respect them both.

"2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly. 2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u. onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis."

Further more, he added that his intention is not to stop racing the way he does, but if the situation comes where he has to drive for fourth or fifth place and just cruise around then he might would not stay around for that and might stop racing. "I am here to race and win. If I have to lose that passion then it blows all racing." “In all honesty I will never stop racing the way I do. It's the way I do it," said Hamilton.




"At the end of the day, this is motorsport and we are supposed to see racing. Not many people overtake in Monaco, and I tried to do that. Unfortunately, collisions caused me to have some penalties. I will recover from this weekend, [hopefully with] a win in Canada. It is a big gap [to pace-setter Sebastian Vettel in the world championship standings], but anything can happen."

We will see Lewis in few days time at the Canadian GP where he seems to be positive that he can win the race at the Canadian GP.

4 comments:

  1. hi hets

    good artcile as usual,well motorsports is laways filled with conroversey,this adds to galmour and glitz to it.thats d reason for so much media attention.monaco as usual will remian like that but atleast he tried overtaking first one at schumi was good.later one s wee aggessive nut then whats racing is all about. forza hets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nicely presented Hetal.. I liked it.. Also after looking at the onboard footage I think that Lewis was treated harshly in the incident involving Pastor Maldonado.. I love the way he drives & overtakes the other cars.. His driving style is just superb.. Hope he does well in the coming races...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vijay, he did tried overtaking which is quite good whereas at the Monaco circuit will not see much of it. Only thing I was not happy to hear was his comments. Anyway I will always support him, no matter what he is the best driver for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rajesh thanks , I too hope that he does well at the Candian Grand Prix.

    ReplyDelete